Monday, October 12, 2009

Turkey for Me, Turkey for You...

When I went to staff meeting this morning, I did not think I was having a thanksgiving dinner at my house that evening!! But once my staff team realized what day it was, they decided we had to do something special after all, as they said, they are my English family. So at about 6pm a few of us hopped on the bus, when to the local Sainsbury's on the way home, bought a couple of roasted chickens and all the other thanksgiving fixings (yes I know chicken isn't turkey, but I am in England and we had about an hour to make dinner, so work with me people!!) And there were about seven of us for dinner. A few of us girls actually pulled off this amazing dinner full with home-cooked pumpkin pie in like an hour! It was a thanksgiving miracle!

Oh and here's my favorite thanksgiving song at the moment. It's my ringtone. I just put in a little segment, because some of it at the end (of the full song) is kind of crude -- it is Adam Sandler, after all. But anyways, here's my ringtone for the week. I am trying to be in the spirit; I even bought a miniature pumpkin to put on my table today.


4 comments:

Justin E. Chan said...

cute ringtone. So did the phone work?

Julie and I are eating Mexican fajitas for thanksgiving dinner.

Mindy said...

Yes Justin the phone totally works! Thanks!

Wow, what a Mexican thanksgiving. hehe.

steph said...

haha, Mindy, funny comment you left on my post. But no, it wasn’t Tom, good thing! i wouldn’t want to have to drop-kick Harry Potter..

So glad you had an impromptu Thanksgiving dinner! went up to Edmonton over the weekend and had 3 Thanksgiving dinners! (2 in edmonton, 1 in calgs). so tasty!

btw, okay, now that crazy sept is over and things are SOMEWHAT settling down, i will write you a real letter!

Anonymous said...

glad you got to celebrate! go oxford!