Saturday, October 10, 2009

Inspired to Write

Wow. It's been awhile. And it's not like I haven't been inspired to write. I did travel to Italy for a week, basking in the amazing food and culture of the south with a day trip to Rome (note: one day to see Rome=insanity...really needed more time). And then I spent a lovely (oh the British lingo is getting to me again) summer on the west coast...and took an amazing week trip to Oregon Coast which was fantastic! The beaches and crashing waves were incredible, not to mention the sand dunes and the giant Sequoia trees in the tip of California...oh there was a lot to write, but there was the summer's overpowering lack of discipline to do so.

My parents came back to England with us, and just left last night, spending over a month in the UK and pretty much seeing more than Tom and I have seen in a year. It was so nice to have them here--totally helped with any home-sickness. We had tons of family around in early September, for a few weeks there we felt like we were running a free B&B. But we got a great new flat, so we love having guests. My sister-in-law got married in Scotland early September...also a noteworthy event, it being an Indian-Canadian-German wedding in Scotland, but nope, no news post. But alas, autumn (yes, that's what we call it here) has come and it's time to catch up with life. Hopefully that will mean I can process some thoughts on here and document my crazy life in Britain.

And believe me, it's crazy. For example, I spent the last two weeks selling a free contest to win 'a moral dilemma' involving two goats and an ipod. Good times. And yes, sometimes I do walk down the busy Oxford streets and think, "My life is one big strange adventure".

No comments: