Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So Long Old Friend...

I must now say good-bye to my good friend, my temporary passport. We've been through a lot together, and now I give my tribute.

Without you, I would never have been able to go home for my Grandma's funeral, and break up the long 6 month stint in England with a much needed trip to the true North strong and free.

Without you, I wouldn't have been able to go home for the whole summer, resting in the 30 degree sunshiny B.C. days and avoiding the horrible British summer rain. I would never have been able to spend countless hours doing 'nothing' with those I love.

Without you, I would never have been able to go on a crazy week long trip to Oregon...one truck, 4 adults, a 5 year old, and a 3 year old. How could I not have so many great memories?

Without you, I would not have been able to go on that sweet trip to Italy with Tom and Nemo, and eat tons of authentic delicious Italian food.

I will miss how cool you made me look at the airport, and how people in line with me thought I was some sort of special agent because I had a cool white passport, even though, if I was a special agent, why would I get a white passport that totally stood out?! But anyways...

It's been fun. And I want you to know, even though my old passport does have a visa to be in the UK until 2014, I will never love it as much as I loved you.

You, and the Canadian Embassy that is.

6 comments:

S. said...

haha. it's true. the white passport was your hero.

Justin E. Chan said...

Mindy, I love your way with words. that put a smile on my 'rainy' day.

Mindy said...

So... does this mean you have a "real" passport now? (Real meaning a permanent one)

ME said...

yep! I have my permanent one back...it was gone for processing for like 9 months.

Terra said...

it may have taken then 9 months but at least you are set now. thanks white passport (sort of a vip version of the original dont you think?) for filling the gap!

Anonymous said...

so funny