Sunday, May 9, 2010

Afternoon Tea in London

Last week my friend Stefanie and I went to London for the day. It was a day full of many unexpected funny moments. We did end up having afternoon high tea in a great hotel (2 for 1!) and even though at one point a huge dinosaur drove by on the street, we had a lovely time eating way to many little sandwiches and scones. Good conversation too, the high point being a discussion in which Stefanie said about Jesus, "Umm, I really don't see Him being a Mac guy" (the whole conversation began because apparently the guy across from us looked like Jesus and was on a Mac). We also witnessed a woman asking a police officer to pose with a toy platypus (and he actually complied!). Then we went down to Oxford Circus--which is just a mistake, because it's swarming with people nonstop all the time...insane, not worth trying to shop there in my opinion!!

London is a crazy place, but I love it. Not to live, just to visit. Covent Garden is one of my favorite places in the city...tons of unique stuff and just a great area to wander around. There is so much more to write about London, and especially our day last week, but I have to go make dinner now.

No comments: