Thursday, May 7, 2009

Jousting at the Palace & Other Adventures

First of all, sorry for the blog-lacking (It's my blog, and I can make up words if I want to!). I don't know what has come over me, possibly a seasonal bout of laziness. And it's not that we haven't had blog-worthy events happen...two weeks ago we 'hired' a car and went gallivanting all over the south of England and even into Wales. Beachy Head, with the white cliffs (see pic below) was my favorite of the weekend...it even beat Stonehenge in my mind (although Tom yelling, "It's not worth it!" to poor tourists as we left Stonehenge made that stop better).

What I do want to mention is the fact that we went to watch 'Jousting' at Blenheim Palace last Saturday. Yah, that's right, jousting. Like in a Knight's tale (am pretty sure they may have even being playing the movie soundtrack). It was sweet!!! They totally dramatized it, and made it way cool...And the fact that it was held on the palace grounds (the same palace where Winston Churchill was born) was slightly amazing. To top it off, the day was beautiful, and we all had sunburns to prove it. Here's some fun pictures for you.



The white cliffs at Beachy Head...the seven peaks behind me are known as the "seven sisters".

Jousting at Blenheim Palace....


Sorry these are kind of small I know...

By far the coolest spectator of all! Actually lots of kids were dressed up!

2 comments:

Mom said...

really cool. Can hardly wait to experience it.

Kirsten said...

those cliffs are beautiful.