While the trip to England was relatively painless, the jet lag we incurred since arriving has been brutal! Serves us right for snoozing our way through our 10 hour flight. It was wonderful-we boarded the plane, ate dinner, and went to sleep. Yes, we did take a few Gravol to aid the process...but the flight was also not full so we got to lay across free seats! We woke up, and when I looked at where we were on the little map on the chair in front of me, we were 30 minutes from London! That's the way uh-huh-uh-huh I like it!!
BUT then the first night in the UK our bodies were totally confused, and I was up from 3-6pm and Tom was up most of the night, then the next day we thought, we'll just sleep in and let our bodies sort themselves out...BAD IDEA! We slept till 2:30pm, after finally falling asleep at like 4am. So you can imagine the next day was the same...bed at 3am, BUT we made ourselves get up at 9am. And yes, we did feel like crap. Then that night we decided to take NyQuil (Okay, I am not advocating drugging yourself to sleep but sometimes you gotta!) And we were out by 11am, and up by 7:30am for our first staff meeting with work. Voila! But it took us 4 nights of bad sleeps to finally get a decent one. There was one more crappy sleep in there somewhere...it's a bit of a blur really.
Would I still sleep on the plane even if it means I have jet lag longer? YES! I love feeling like the flight is an hour and a half, it's worth it to me. Tom says 'never again'. Guess we'll have to go our own separate ways on this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment