We are back home in Canada, so I guess I need a new blog! I am no longer a BC girl livin' in a British world...but I feel like it at times still. The first day I arrived home I kept thinking, "Wow that person has a Canadian accent!" then I would have to tell myself, "Yes Mindy, that's because you are in Canada and everyone has that accent!!". Tom and I have also been using tons of British phrases...like flat, boot (we are buying a car), pounds or quid (instead of dollar). Those are the main ones--oh and saying I "hired" something instead of "rented". It will fade in time and I will be back to my Canadian lingo. That's kind of a sad thought!
We are looking for a home, a car, a phone, etc. you know all the big things need to get into place. We want to buy a Honda Fit, but there aren't too many used ones out there that are Automatic. Gotta keep looking. I have driven about 10 different cars in the last week. Not only have we been test driving cars, but I have borrowed my sister's, my parents, my cousins, my grandma's....yep can't wait to get my own car!
We have also looked at a lot of suites, some good, some strange, all too small so far. But soon it will all come together.
I am watching Germany lose to Spain at the moment and it's painful. 3 minutes left, and it's 1 nothing for Spain. Grrr.... Oh well, so long Germany, you did well. It is cool that both teams in the final have never won a world cup before. Sad times for Germany though.
No comments:
Post a Comment