Thursday, November 26, 2009
The Crazy Street
Saturday is always an entertaining day to be on Cornmarket Street in the centre of Oxford...if you can handle the psycho crowdedness, you can experience pretty much any type of faith conversion you want (last week we had a Christian street preacher at one end, Muslims in the middle, I think a Jewish table, and of course the JW's at the end). But besides the hardy religious encounter, you can experience death defying feats! Oh yes, we have a guy walking on a tightrope playing the violin at one end, and a guy juggling fire at the other end. Oh and don't forget the guy that plays the African longhorn (or whatever it's called) or the girl who draws with sidewalk chalk and gives people directions for money (she is actually a really decent artist). But Tom's favorite at the moment is the Latino jazz band (trumpet player is amazing, accordion guy is super talented, and the percussion guy looks like he's just along for the ride). Good times.


6 comments:
kinda crazy that people are just passing by the tight rope violinist and not paying him any attention.
the juggler looks like he popped out of the window display at the gap and started playing with fire because he was so bored of being a mannequin with boring clothes.
the woman in the blue coat in the second picture is thinking "oh shit, i gotta walk around this guy's blue string??!"
That's crazy! You should video the latino band and post it. :D
@Vanessa: This is the only picture I got of them, and they didn't seem to impressed! Blogger was being weird before and wouldn't let me add it...
@Stef: People do just walk by and I have seem him out there when it was a windy day...I kinda felt bad for the guy.
I was thinking that would make a good GAP add too!
I hope we see this when we visit you! It looks so interesting!
Post a Comment