As some of you have heard, we went to visit our rival this past Easter weekend. Cambridge. The city we almost lived in. Verdict: It's really cool, but I like Oxford better...and there are several reasons why I am so glad we moved to Oxford after all.
We stayed with my fellow staff (Tabby)'s family for the weekend, and even got to participate in the annual family easter egg hunt in the backyard. I love family traditions like this, and I am totally going to make my children participate in them, even in their twenties! I sucked at the hunt, blaming it on the fact that a) they were hidden by a rocket scientist, and b) I lack experience not getting to do the hunt every year.
We also saw our fellow Canadians...the only other couple we know doing a PhD, just like we are (Lorne & Kristin) so that was cool to hang out with Cdn friends.
We also went punting...the best way to see the colleges is by punting down the river and looking over the grounds. If you are wondering what 'punting' is, visit this site:
http://www.scudamores.com/cam/index.php
Here's some pictures from the weekend:
No comments:
Post a Comment